14 February 2010

It was a WOW of an afternoon all right!

Hi all - yes I've been quiet on the blogging front (& maybe so for quite a few more weeks) as lots of events on or coming up. Yesterday was the second WOW paperKRafters team event and to all accounts & purposes I think the 30 attendees had a ball - someone even came from Vanuatua to attend but we also had a stamping friend from Hamilton come up too - so thanks Catia & Sarah for going the extra mile all right!!

My project was based around 3 gorgeous heart-shaped soaps so the perfect solution was Marelle Taylor's 7s box!


Stamp sets: A Happy Heart, Sprinkles
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Stazon White
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Other: Acetate, Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals, 1/2" circle punch, mini glue dots, anywhere glue stick (so good for boxes), 2-way glue pen & dazzling diamonds glitter, cellophane bag & taffeta ribbon.

No team event would be complete without a cake & I made a Blueberry & Apricot Upside-down cake - the recipe can be found on kareN cookZ and of course door prizes & of course the great demos I work with so do check out the left hand side of my blog for their projects I see Debbie already has her springy thingy card posted - it sure was a real WOW.


If you haven't attended one of these before you don't know what you're missing out on - I'm involved with my bigger team the Creative Inkers & we're staging one in Balmoral, Central Auckland on Saturday March 13th 1-5pm $40 for 4 projects (with $10 credit on the day if you spend over $50) so contact me if you'd like to know more - seats are filling fast!

3 comments:

  1. it was a fun afternoon Karen, & I enjoyed teaching the Bugs & Kisses card. many many thanks for the yummy cake you made on the day. feedback from my customers, they were all very happy with the 4 items they made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gift box is cute but that cake looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no ... I missed out on a piece of the cake! Too busy talking I guess.
    However the afternoon was great, lots of wonderful projects, especially your gift box.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen